Tuesday, December 3, 2013

in "other" artistic news -


Painting is sort of on the back burner this week because choral practice is taking precedence. So, if hectic holiday preparations are stressing you out, come enjoy some serene classical music to celebrate the season this weekend.  I promise, you will feel comfort and joy!

Saturday December 7 at 8pm

Valhalla Methodist Church

Sunday December 8 at 4 pm

Trinity Episcopal Church, Ossining


http://taghkanicchorale.org/One of my favorites from this concert was written in 1502. Imagine that! The elegantly simple, chant-like Ave Maria, Gratia Plena by Josquin Deprez, ends with this sweet request of Mary: "memento mei" (remember me). Here's a link to Tallis Scholars singing this beautiful piece. They have 27,000+ views. Maybe Taghkanic Chorale will do as well. Our Music Director Steven Fox manages to get a pretty angelic sound from us mere mortals!

To reserve tickets call 914.737.6707 or email me before Friday and they will be held for payment at the door.

And, just so you know I'm not slacking off in my other fine art arena...
here is a small study of more books which will soon be a larger, more refined 16" x 12"  oil painting. I'm excited about the old peeling spine on the lower books and about adding patterned fabric to this one! Such fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!