Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Muscoot Art Show Thanks!


It's been a month since the close of my art show at Muscoot Farm. I've finally sent off the last sold paintings and finished post-show details so I want to take a moment to express my deepest appreciation to everyone who took the time to visit the exhibit. It was such a pleasure to meet and chat with so many new art lovers and old friends!
 
Oilcan Gothic ©2013Dorothy Lorenze
The historic Manor House Gallery at Muscoot Farm is a beautiful space and it was the perfect setting for my show, especially since many of the paintings feature antique and  vintage objects!

People came from far and wide, so it was nice to be able to introduce them to Muscoot Farm as well!

And you never know what will happen at Muscoot. There was a film shoot for Orange Is The New Black while my paintings were on display. I got an urgent email that someone from the production was interested in two paintings!

Good news / bad news: both paintings were already sold. That's actually the bad news and the good news. It was a wonderfully successful show. Between attendees, online promotion (website, blog, facebook) and print publicity more than half the paintings sold! And I was able to make a large donation to Muscoot Farm as a percentage of sales.


Thank you to everyone who visited. For those I didn't meet, thank you for taking the time to write a note in my journal. It's truly wonderful to have so many supporters! During the past month more art enthusiasts have signed up for my blog and more than 2000 now follow my Facebook page. It means a great deal to me that so many folks are interested in spending their time viewing and  commenting on my artwork.
Please know that your kind words warm my heart ... and fire up my paint brush!


Thanks for joining me on my painting journey!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!