Friday, December 12, 2014

It's a Wonderful Life!



Thanks to the support and encouragement of fellow artists and new friends and collectors Its been a productive and rewarding year of painting. Like many artistic folks I tend to have more doubts than bravado, so I truly appreciate those who spur me on! 

Recently, an artist in our monthly-meeting coffee group encouraged me to enter the Catherine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club's annual exhibition. (I'd been rejected in the past so it was a hard sell.) This time I was delighted to be accepted and thrilled to win an award for still life in oil for my painting Back to School, Back in the Day!
Back to School, Back in the Day ©2014 Dorothy Lorenze


The exhibit is at the National Arts Club, housed in a mansion on Gramery Park in New York through December 19. With carved wood panels and stained glass, this historic home is beautiful on an ordinary day, but decked out for Christmas, it's positively magical. 

Oh, and then there is all the amazing artwork! The walls are hung with paintings by American master painters who have been members over the past years. 

The National Arts Club

Ongoing gallery exhibits by prominent arts organizations means there is always something new to inspire at the National Arts Club. It's truly an honor to be part of this show.

Thank you for joining me on my art journey!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dorothy,
    Wnderful photo of the Arts Club; it does look like a magical place to visit. I live in the northwest, but may get to NYC again someday and will try to remember it as a destination.
    Best wishes for your holidays,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi. It's gorgeous and well worth a visit!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!