Sunday, January 31, 2016

Recent "Creative Events" and Exhibits


There is always something creative going on but January has been pretty special!

Two of my genre/interior paintings are in the Ridgefield Guild of Artists' current show, called "Out of the Box." Since still life is my comfort zone, these paintings seemed more "out of the box" for me. At their lovely reception I met some folks who have been following my blog and we chatted a bit about artwork, which was a nice surprise!
The show is quite impressive and it runs through February 14th, so if you can get to Ridgefield, check it out. And have lunch... or eat cupcakes!... lots of yummy spots in this quaint town.

Stone House Farm Library ©2015 Dorothy Lorenze
Morning Light ©2015 D.Lorenze



















In North Salem, the Hammond Museum is hosting Appetite for Art, an evening of wine, food and art to benefit Ruth Keeler Memorial Library this Friday from 6:30-9:30. It promises to be an elegant and delicious evening! The evening includes a juried art exhibit and sale with work by local artists. Tickets to this winter fete cost $80 and are limited, so please contact the Library for reservations. My paintings Reading: A Step Up and Plums in a Berry Basket will be included in this show.

A Step Up ©2015 D.Lorenze
Plums in a Berry Basket ©2015 D.Lorenze














And... the most important creative event in January has to be our beautiful, baby Clara Jane who was born to parents Tessa and Hamo this month! We love her to pieces and can't wait to enjoy so many sweet moments and fun adventures together!


This is Clara on the baby quilt I made her, as I have done to welcome all five grandchildren! (have to admit... I was still sewing as she came home from the hospital). It was wonderfully nostalgic to select fabrics and colors for each square (no two are the same) since many pieces are from sewing projects for my girls over the years. Maybe Clara will have fun choosing her favorite square. I remember that being an actual past time - picking favorites on granny-square afghan in our living room. What can I tell you, it was before video games ;).

I hope you are enjoying a little color in your life this winter!

Thanks for joining me on my painting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!